Important Facts You Need To Know About Sensitive Skin Care
Treating a sensitive skin is done by using some basic rules. Yet we need to be aware of what exactly a sensitive skin is, to fully understand the importance of sensitive skin care treatment. Having a sensitive skin means that the skin can’t endure bad environmental conditions and contact with foreign material which includes skin care products. To make sure you get the right products they are therefore labelled as sensitive skin care products. Because every person is different, the degree of sensitivity will also differ from person to person. That is also the reason why you have different sensitive skin care treatments.
As a rule all skin types will react negatively to detergents and other chemical based products. Though when the tolerance level is crossed that’s where the real damage start. This level is very low for sensitive skin types which is the cause that the skin will get damaged very easily and quickly. By keeping the potential irritants at a very low concentration or avoiding them will mean that these sensitive skin care products will help people with this skin type.
Here are some tips for sensitive skin care:
* Use sensitive skin care products only (i.e. the products that are marked for sensitive skin care). Also, check the instructions/notes on the product to see if there are specific restrictions or warnings associated with the product).
* Even within the range of sensitive skin care products, choose the one that has minimum preservatives, colourings and other additives
* Do not use toners. Most of them are alcohol based and are not recommended for sensitive skin.
* Wear protective gloves when doing laundry or other chemical based cleaning. If you are allergic to rubber, you can wear cotton gloves below the rubber ones.
* Another important tip for ‘sensitive skin care’ is to avoid excessive exposure to sun.
* Avoiding exposure to dust and other pollutants is also important for sensitive skin care. So, cover yourself adequately before going out.
* When you can’t find a sensitive skin moisturizer than use a hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic moisturizer.
* Use soap-free and alcohol free cleansers. Cleanse your face whenever you return from spending time out doors.
* Do not scrub or exfoliate too hard. It can cause redness in the face and even inflammation.
* Do not leave the make-up on for too long. Use hypoallergenic make-up removers.
Having a sensitive skin is very different from the normal skin care and is all about being careful with your skin especially using skin care products and protecting it against environments atrocities.